Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hamilton Review!

I'm now home in Texas, after seeing Libera in Hamilton! As some of you
might've seen I was going pretty crazy before, during, and after the concert,
and I'm pretty much still like that now. We, my aunt, uncle, and their exchange
student Marielly from Brazil, and I, arrived at the church much later than
planned, at about 6:45. I jumped out of the car and skipped/twirled/ran to the
end of the huge line outside. On my way down I ran into a few A/V and forum
members, as well as some new fans, many of whom said "wow! Look! You can get
Libera sweatshirts!" Ah, nope, but you can make them, haha. We ran into a bunch
of people my aunt and uncle knew in line, from various choirs, school,
etc. After about 10 minutes of dieing (or waiting, as everyone else would call
it) my uncle and I went to see if premium ticket holders could go in early. It
was a yes! I ran back down to get my aunt and Marielly and we all went inside. I
bought a program from Lexi who was helping to sell them, then proceded inside
the main area. The man at the door brought us to the first few rows and said we
could sit anywhere there. I saw some decent spots 3 rows back on the left side
and started to walk over there. Passing the front row I saw many fans I knew,
and was then offered a seat! I couldn't believe it! thank you so much to all of
ya'll who helped me get that seat, it was perfect. The other 3 members of my
group ended up sitting in the spots I'd originaly seen. I had a nice time
chatting with the people around me (Heather and her mom, Tom, Paul, Patrick,
etc.), I just hope I didn't annoy ya'll too much! Anyways, shortly after that
the concert began. As the first few boys walked out on stage I started shaking
even harder than before, doing anything I could with my hands to not accidentaly
smack my neighbors in the face from excietment. They began the Jubliate/Libera
chain and I just sat there with this huge cheesy grin on my face, that didn't
leave the whole time! I was able to make eye contact with several of the boys -
Daniel and Matthew Jansen in particular.  I also noticed some of them eyeing my
I love Libera hoodie and cowboy boots as the lights turned on. All of the songs
were phenomonal, and all the soloists were perfect! I sat through the first
half, mesmorized, just staring at the boys. When it was half time, or the
interval as they say, I got up to chat with the fans some more, and went to walk
around. On my way to get some water I accidentaly walked into Callum, who was
walking very fast towards the way I had just come. It was kind of funny
actually, because I was like "Oh! Sorry! My goodness, I'm so sorry!" and he
responded with "It's fine." then walked away. I also got to exhange a few words
with Big Ben, thanking him for the concert, etc. When the second half started I
was just as bad as I was before! When Song of Life began I was doing everything
I could to not sing along, including mouthing the words, covering my mouth, and
what not. It was just so beautiful, and made me cry! Going Home was amazing.
Daniel looked at me almost the whole time (or it looked like it, at least!). 
After the concert I really enjoyed talking to everyone! Sorry about the picture
thing with my uncle, I honestly had no idea what was going on.. but for anyone
reading this in the picture I won't post it! Also, thanks to Yuki from Japan for
showing me her Miracle of Life CD! It was so beautiful! Hopefully it will be for
sale in the US soon. On the drive home from the concert I couldn't help but shed
a tear. This might be my last Libera concert for a long while. Hopefully it
won't, but that's what my mom has said. Thanks to everyone who helped make this
trip special for me! I owe it to ya'll!

Pictures to come when I get home from school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment